Dump and Bake Chicken Stuffing Casserole
This is the easiest damn recipe in here. Like the name implies, you dump the shit in the dish and bake the bastard. Remember you're not making the stuffing first you're just using the bread crumbs as the topping. I used cornbread stuffing instead and wasn't disappointed. Go check all the other recipes at The Seasoned Mom.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 very large chicken breasts, which I cut in half lengthwise so that they would be thinner)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, NOT diluted (I used Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces (about 4 cups) Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Classic Stuffing
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Place chicken in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread condensed soup over the chicken. Sprinkle cheese over top.
In a large bowl, stir together melted butter and dry stuffing mix. Spread buttered stuffing mix on the top of the casserole.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, return dish to the oven, and continue baking for 10 more minutes (or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the topping is golden brown). If you are using thicker chicken breasts, you may need to increase the baking time by at least 10-20 more minutes. If the topping starts to get too dark while you wait for the chicken to cook through, cover the dish loosely with foil.